These aren’t that healthy, but are really easy to make using the Thermomix (or any other mixer for that matter.) The recipe comes from Nigella Lawson’s cookbook How to Be a Domestic Goddess and with a lot of Nigella’s recipes, she uses weights, not cup measurements, so it’s easy to use with a Thermo.
Easy Nigella Cupcakes
125 gr Castor Sugar (or mill normal white or raw sugar till it resembles castor sugar)
125 gr Butter or margarine
125 gr Self Raising Flour
1 teaspoon Vanilla Essence, or 1/4 teaspoon Vanilla Bean Paste
2 tbsp Milk
1. Pre-heat oven on 180 C and get a muffin tray ready with muffin cases. (I make my cupcakes big..)
1. Place sugar and butter in TMX bowl and mix on speed 4 till creamy. (Time will depend on how hard/soft your butter/margarine is.)
2. Add flour, eggs and essence. Mix using the interval setting (closed lid symbol and press wheat button) on speed 3 till smooth.
3. Add milk and mix again for a few seconds till combined.
4. Fill cases 2/3 and smooth the mixture to get flat tops.
5. Bake in 180 C oven for 20 min. (Keep an eye on them, and take them out when they are have gone a little golden on top)
I send them to school un-iced as I have seen WAY too many icing disasters in my years of working with little kids. Enjoy!