I make lists all the time. I even make lists of things I have already done, so that I can tick them off – makes me feel like I am actually achieving something. Today my list looked something like this:
- Clean up the garage
- Make some organic pest oil for my little seedlings that are being ravaged by cabbage moths
- Clean the floors
- Tidy the house for a meeting here tonight (we are studying this course at the moment)
- Make a birthday cake for one of tonight’s attendees. Yes, A+ for dedication!
Instead, I have done none of the aforementioned list. But I have
- Dropped someone off at church for a club meeting
- Told a few people there that I would be going home and not staying so that I get some housework done
- Ended up staying for a bible study about Sisters Helping Sisters.
- Went home with a heart full of wisdom and a name of my new secret sister.
- “Pruned” some proteas off my mum’s lovely bush to make my house look pretty.
- Procrastinated on the computer, looking for easy tutorials for someone who wants to sash a quilt for the first time..
- And now, I am writing a blog post about what I haven’t done.
Interesting. I always feel that if I don’t get what I wanted done on my list, and still do a lot in my day, it’s ok. Now I will go back to my list.
Do you stick to lists?
❃❃❃ ❃❃❃ ❃❃❃ ❃❃❃
don’t forget the 100 post giveaway. ends tomorrow night (6pm Perth time)