Great additions to kid’s lunch boxes, or as a perfect accompaniment to a cup of tea!
2 1/2 cups self raising flour
1/2 cup raw sugar
1 tablespoon finely grated lemon rind
juice of one lemon
1 cup yogurt (can be plain or vanilla)
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1. Preheat oven to 180 deg C. Prepare muffin tray with 12 muffin cases.
2. Place all dry ingredients into a bowl. Mix till well combined.
3. Whisk egg and add all wet ingredients in another bowl. Mix until well combined.
4. Combine dry and wet ingredients. Gently stir, just till combined. Don’t over mix.
5. Fill muffin cases 2/3 with batter.
6. Place in a hot oven (closest to the top as your oven shelf allows) and bake for 15 – 20 min – until top is golden.