So, a friend of mine whose name just happens to be Emma, made these the other day for a church coffee social. I asked her for the recipe. At first she said, ‘no, then you’ll know all the bad stuff that went into them.’ I assured her that I didn’t care. You don’t skimp on the bad stuff for plain ol’ flavour! I got the recipe by email the next day, and as it was a recipe she got via email, and they were simply amazing, I have dubbed them – Emma’s Amazing Email Brownies!
Anyway, here it is. I have converted it to a Thermomix recipe. Use your imagination if you don’t have a TMX – melt in a microwave or in a pan, stir with a spoon, all that sort of vintagey stuff!
150 gr Butter
100 gr Cocoa Powder
300 gr Sugar
100 gr Plain Flour
1 tsp Baking Powder
1 tsp Vanilla Essence
200 gr Choc Chips – Use whatever style choc you like. Milk, Dark or White.
1. Pre heat oven to 160 deg C. Line a brownie tin with baking paper.
2. Melt the butter and cocoa powder in the TMX bowl, 90 degrees, for 2 minutes on Speed 2.
3. Allow to cool down a bit.
4. Add the rest of the ingredients. Mix on speed 3. The mixture is quite thick – so mix until just combined.
5. Add the choc chips and give a quick mix on about speed 3.
6. Pour into the prepared brownie tin and bake for about 40 minutes.
7. Allow to stand for twenty minutes till cool. Cut up while still warm.
8. Sprinkle with icing sugar, or eat warm with cream or ice cream.
or…. give it to your kids in their lunch boxes. hmmmm… I would never do that :)